ABA-VB avoids the tendency of traditional ABA to train children in a robotic manner to perform tasks without understanding. Our therapists are required to ensure that the children truly understand what they have learned. For example, children must not only learn about the item being taught, they must also demonstrate how to use it and generalise its use for different situations in real life.
Find out more about ABA-VB here.
In addition, ABA is the only therapy recommended by the Surgeon-General to treat autism. Research conducted on it since the 1960s continues to build on the most successful intervention for improving autistic children’s outcomes, especially in developing their cognitive and language abilities.
Our sessions are more relaxed, flexible and fun for the child to learn compared to traditional ABA.
Our typical session lasts 3 hours. It consists of teaching the child essential cognitive, speech and language, and communication skills. Our therapists would spend at least 2 hours on structured teaching to help them develop, strengthen or enhance these skills. Short breaks are given to the child at the end of each hour as a reward for doing well during the structured teaching.
We also devote 45 minutes to an hour to teach social interaction skills through facilitated free play, interactive games, cooperative play, and group activities like having snacks together.
Our therapists mainly come from a psychology and pedagogy background. They have received extensive training from Dr. Partington and our program supervisors. We invest very heavily in staff development and training to make sure that our therapists always provide the best quality service in Asia.
• We are also the only certified ABA-VB provider, with ABA-VB being a more advanced type of ABA.
• In addition, we invest the most amount of money, time and effort in training our staff to become and remain the best in the industry.
• More importantly, we possess in-depth understanding and - collectively, more experience and expertise in the treatment of autism than any other centre in Asia.
• Last but not least, our passion and commitment upholds and ensures the utmost quality and effectiveness of our programmes.
• However, caring alone is not going to help these children improve from their condition
• It takes a tremendous amount of training, experience and expertise to make a significant and meaningful difference in the lives of these children.